Now I never thought of myself as a major morning eater. It takes me forever to get the desire to eat food.
It is normally why I now juice in the mornings instead first. But what to do when you want something satisfying, delicious, healthy & quick?
Look no further than this foolproof american style pancake recipe 🙂 You can change it up with additions like berries, fruit chips, chocolate chips, etc. and then top with your favourite syrup!
I added a easy yoghurt berry drizzled with salford honey (always get local honey if you can, its good for allergies!)
American Style Pancakes & Berry Yoghurt Cup
Serves: 6-8 pancakes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 1 cup flour (whichever kind you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I used Colombian organic cane sugar)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- maple syrup
- 3/4 cup vanilla vegan yoghurt
- runny honey
- Get all your ingredients out!
- Get your yoghurt cups made first & let sit in the fridge until you need them. All I do is put the yoghurt in first, then add in whatever fruit you like! I used black forest berries this time, and topped with a drizzle of honey.
- Sift & mix your dry ingredients for the pancakes. Don’t worry about the amount of baking powder, you cannot taste it, and it is what gives these pancakes the light, fluffy feeling without the eggs.
- Mix in your wet ingredients in & make sure everything is incorporated until smooth
- From here ladle ione pancake worth of batter into your hot frying pan & flip carefully when it bubbles in the middle, or the edges begin to stiffen.
- Repeat on the other side, and then set aside on a plate or cooling rack.
- Repeat this until you have used every last bit up.
- Dress your pancakes with your favourite toppings & enjoy!