Tofu used to be synonymous with bland. Now it is having the heyday it deserves. One of my new favourite ways to use it is replacement for eggs. Not only in baking but replacing full stop. For breakfast. You can flavour them however you want but this is my favourite way.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 15 min
- 1 block of tofu, chopped into bits, nothing precise
- 2 sticks spring onion, chopped
- roughly 1/2 tsp turmeric (to make it look like eggs!)
- roughly 1 tsp cumin
- roughly 1 tsp smoked paprika
- a dash hot paprika
- dash salt
- pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Get your frying pan out, whack about a tablespoon of your oil in, and cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes, or until you start to see some colour. Add your spices & seasonings, and continue to cook until your desired texture
- add your chopped spring onions, cook for another 5 minutes then serve!